August, 16 2018
View all Books!
Teens Who have Died in Utah Wilderness Therapy Programs
Teens who have died in Utah wilderness therapy programs/residential treatment programs:
• Michelle Sutton, 15, Pleasanton, Calif., who died May 9, 1990, in a remote area north of the Grand Canyon from heat exhaustion while in the care of a St. George-based wilderness program.
• Kristen Chase, 16, Ponte Vedra, Fla., died June 27, 1990 from heat exhaustion while hiking with program at Kaiparowits Plateau in southern Utah.
• Aaron Bacon, 16, Phoenix, who died March 31, 1994, from peritonitis and a perforated ulcer near Hole in the Rock, Garfield County.
• Ian August, 14, Austin, Texas, who died July 13, 2002, in Marjum Canyon, 60 miles from Delta.
• Kiley Jaquays, 17, Plain Field, Ill., who died Dec. 24, 2002, in a hiking fall near St. George while being treated at a residential treatment center for emotionally troubled teens.
Report Finds Many Teens Abused at Boot Camps 10/10/07
Government Report on US Boot Camps 10/10/07
Florida, Boot Camp Guards Testify 10/9/07
Florida Boot Camp Case, Victim Handled According to "Procedure" 10/8/07
Pyramid Club in Ohio helps local at-risk youth to achieve success 10/6/07
New York: Teens Charged in Sex Crime at Residential Treatment Center 10/12/07
Utah Teens Who Escaped from Boarding School Apprehended 10/9/07
Boot Camp Death Part of National Investigation 10/4/07
Virginia Boot Camp Brings Hope to Troubled Teens 10/8/07
Illinois Parents Want WWASP Academy Closed 10/7/07
Back to News Archive
Learn More About: